Once you’ve decided on hardwood flooring, you’ll realize that you have a lot of options to choose from. Gaylord Hardwood Flooring offers top-of-the-line hardwood flooring, but we strive to do more: We are constantly coming up with new ideas for unique options you won't find anywhere else.Some of the products we offer that you won't find on the rack at big box stores include:
Distressed Hardwood FlooringOur distressed hardwood flooring isn't quite what you might think based on popular distressed furniture you can increasingly find in stores; we don't finish the wood then artfully sand it back to give it an aged appearance. Instead, what we've created is a unique process that creates a rustic finish:
- Using a steel brush, we scrape out the softer fibres of the wood grain. This is a hands-on endeavour that leaves the textured, harder grain behind.
- Once the wood has been scraped — or 'distressed' — we apply a white stain to the wood. This gives the wood white undertones and really shows off the beauty of the grain.
- To finish, we apply any selected stain and finish the wood with our standard titanium finish.
A Million Different Colours
"We can literally do any colour under the sun," says Greg Gaylord, Sales Manager at Gaylord Hardwood Flooring. "Anything is possible... We recently did a hot pink bedroom." Our latest made-by-request colour? Slate. "It looks amazing," said Gaylord. Custom colours are applied at the factory, before the titanium finish is applied; completing the whole process at the factory ensures high quality and consistency in colour. While Gaylord Hardwood Flooring can blend virtually any colour, there are a few things to consider:
- Dark colours can add drama to a space and make other colours (i.e. rugs, furniture) pop. However, it's much harder to hide dirt and marks on darker-coloured floors, so it can take more work to keep them looking their best.
- Lighter colours help mask dirt as well as wear and tear. With the right finish, lighter-coloured hardwood floors can be very low-maintenance.